SCHOOL TEACHING, COUNSELING & LEADERSHIP IN COSTA RICA
Description of the program/course:
This is a two-week program for undergraduate education students majoring in any school teaching field, counseling or leadership who are interested in becoming engaged in professional teaching, counseling and administration or leadership services as they are provided by public schools for children in Costa Rica.
Why Costa Rica?
Costa Rica is small yet big as it host 5% of the world´s biodiversity and more than 300 multinational tech companies, besides being home of six of the twenty world´s largest medical devices companies and having one of the six blue zones of the world.
1.More than 300 multinational companies in services industry, medical devices, a esthetics, optics, automotive, electronic components, tele eco and clean tech, electronic assemblies, distribution, textiles, food industry, digital technologies and bio –tech companies (CINDE, FDI agency).
2. #1 Education System in Latin America (World Economic Forum Report 2017-2018)
3. STEM fact: #1 in Math and Science education in Latin America (World Economic Forum Report 2017-2018)
4. #1 in Innovation Efficiency (Global Competitiveness report 2017)
5. #1 in English proficiency in Latin America (World Economic Forum Report 2017-2018)
6. Costa Rica abolished the army in 1948.
7. #2 in Democracy Index and political stability in Latin America
8. San José is the # 1 safest city in Latin America (The Economist, Intelligent Unit 2017)
9. 99.43% of national electricity coverage.
10. San José – Heredia are # 1 cities in LATAM in Manufacturing, and Business and Financial Services; and top 5 in Transportation and Communications (The World´s Most Competitive Cities 2017, Conway)
*As citied by Costa Rican Foreign Direct Investment, agency, CINDE (cinde.org)